It's October.....Breast cancer awareness month.
I've never done this before *covers face*..... and i almost didn't support the cause again this year. Ok, see ehn, i planned to do this yesterday. I took my makeup box upstairs and did a complete look....highlighting, contouring and all. But for some reason, the lip color wasn't working, and i wasn't even in the mood to change it and try another *my back pain was killing me*, so i just went into my bathroom, washed it all off and went to watch 'One tree hill'. Total waste of time and products.....some looks don't make it to the blog.
Then today, the spirit moved me, and i decided to try again, and i loved what i came up with.....
Oh, and by the way, 'Illusions Cosmetics' lip color in 'Bare Pink' is bae!!! I loveeeeeet!
Many people are aware of breast cancer *thank God*, but many forget to take the steps to detect the disease in its early stages. Ladies please check your boobies constantly for signs.....remember, early detection is key.
You can check your breasts while in the bath or shower...try and get used to doing this regularly.
- Stand in front of a mirror with your hands on your hips and check the appearance of your breasts.
- Raise your arms over your head to see if there is any change in shape or any swelling in your lower armpit area.
- Raise your right arm over your head and use your left hand (fingers) to apply gentle pressure to the breast and stroke from the top to the bottom using circular motions...be sure to cover the entire breast area.
- Switch sides and repeat.
Squeeze your nipples and pull them forward and check for changes. Does it spring back into place? Does it pull back into the breast(inverted nipples)? Does it leak fluid? Report any changes to your doctor.
Here's what you should look out for during the self-exam:
- A change in size or shape.
- Redness or rash on the skin or around the nipple.
- Liquid discharge that comes out from the nipple without squeezing.
- A swelling in your armpit or around your collarbone.
- A lump or thickening that feels different from the rest of the breast tissue.
- A change in skin texture such as puckering or dimpling (like orange skin).
- Your nipple becoming inverted or pulled in or changing its position or shape.
- Constant pain in your breast or your armpit.
If you find any changes, please go and see your doctor as soon as you can.
|Bee Lashes in 747L ....amazing!!!|
Be aware....Early detection is very important. Pink October. Breast Cancer Awareness Month.